UPDATE 1-Titanium Metals posts higher 4th-qtr profit
Feb 29 (Reuters) - Titanium Metals Corp, which provides titanium products to the aerospace industry, posted a higher fourth-quarter profit, helped by higher shipment of its mill products.
October-December profit rose to $28.6 million, or 16 cents a share, compared with $23.3 million, or 13 cents a share, a year ago.
Revenue at the company, whose customers include Boeing and Rolls Royce, rose 19 percent to $258.7 million.
The company's melted and mill products include pipes, slabs, coils and other products made from titanium or titanium-based alloys.
Melted product shipments volume rose by a fourth to 3,985 metric tons.
Shares of the company closed at $14.93 on Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM