Poulter pulls out of Honda Classic due to illness
- PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida
- PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida (Reuters) - Britain's Ian Poulter has pulled out of this week's Honda Classic PGA Tour event due to illness, he said on Thursday.
Poulter, who had complained of suffering from a high temperature, was due to play with compatriot Lee Westwood and Tiger Woods in the first round.
"Sorry guys never been so disappointed in pulling out of a tournament," Poulter wrote on twitter. "Never felt so rough, hope the first reserve plays well in a great group today."
Poulter will be replaced by Argentine Miguel Angel Carballo, organizers said.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76