Kuwait parliament says supports Syria's rebel army
KUWAIT (Reuters) - Kuwait's parliament said on Thursday that it would support the rebel Free Syria Army, and called on the Kuwaiti government to cut ties with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
The parliament, which has limited legislative powers, also called for Assad to be prosecuted for crimes against his people.
The Free Syrian Army is composed mainly of Syrian soldiers who have defected and volunteer civilians.
(Reporting by Usama Mohammed in Kuwait)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years