UPDATE 1-Sears Canada to shut three of its flagship stores
TORONTO, March 2
TORONTO, March 2 (Reuters) - Sears Canada Inc said on Friday it is shutting down three of its flagship stores in Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa, in a move that will allow it to raise capital to reinvest in store refreshes at other locations.
The company plans to shut stores at the Vancouver Pacific Centre, the Calgary Chinook Centre and the Ottawa Rideau Centre by Oct. 31 and return the stores to developer Cadillac Fairview Corp Ltd for C$170 million.
All three stores are located at centers owned and managed by Cadillac Fairview, the company said. The transaction is expected to close on or around April 20.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data