Suicide bomber kills 2 in Syria: SANA news agency
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed two people and wounded several others in the southern Syrian town of Deraa on Saturday, the Syrian state news agency Sana said.
"The terrorist explosion led to the martyrdom of two citizens," the agency said.
Opposition activists denied that the explosion was caused by a bomber but did not give an explanation for the reported attack.
(Reporting by Oliver Holmes in Beirut and Suleiman al-Khalidi in Amman; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more