Suicide bomber kills 2 in Syria: SANA news agency
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed two people and wounded several others in the southern Syrian town of Deraa on Saturday, the Syrian state news agency Sana said.
"The terrorist explosion led to the martyrdom of two citizens," the agency said.
Opposition activists denied that the explosion was caused by a bomber but did not give an explanation for the reported attack.
(Reporting by Oliver Holmes in Beirut and Suleiman al-Khalidi in Amman; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow