Suicide bomber kills 2 in Syria: SANA news agency
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed two people and wounded several others in the southern Syrian town of Deraa on Saturday, the Syrian state news agency Sana said.
"The terrorist explosion led to the martyrdom of two citizens," the agency said.
Opposition activists denied that the explosion was caused by a bomber but did not give an explanation for the reported attack.
(Reporting by Oliver Holmes in Beirut and Suleiman al-Khalidi in Amman; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections