- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
UPDATE 1-Canadian Western Bank profit up on loan growth
March 7 |
March 7 (Reuters) - Canadian Western Bank posted a 10 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by strong loan growth.
The company's first-quarter net income rose to C$41.5 million, or 54 Canadian cents a share, from C$37.8 million, or 50 Canadian cents a share, a year ago.
On an adjusted basis, the company earned 57 Canadian cents a share, compared with 55 Canadian cents a share, a year ago.
Net interest income rose 7 percent to C$104.9 million.
Shares of the company closed at C$28.30 on Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Ankur Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this