Carlos Slim tops Forbes billionaires list at $69 billion
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim retained his position atop Forbes magazine's annual list of the world's billionaires on Wednesday with an estimated worth of $69 billion, placing him ahead of Bill Gates at $61 billion and Warren Buffett at $44 billion.
Slim, 72, has taken the top spot three years in a row largely based on assets from his telecommunications empire.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials