Sarkozy says Greek problem solved
NICE, France, March 9
NICE, France, March 9 (Reuters) - French President Nicolas Sarkozy said on Friday that Greece's debt crisis had been solved after Athens won strong acceptance from private creditors for a bond swap deal.
"I would like to say how happy I am that a solution to the Greek crisis, which has weighed on the economic and financial situation in Europe and the world for months, has been found," Sarkozy said in the southern city of Nice.
"Today the problem is solved," he added. "A page in the financial crisis is turning."
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |