Indian shares rise 1.6 pct; ICICI, Reliance up
MUMBAI, March 9
MUMBAI, March 9 (Reuters) - Indian shares rose 1.6 percent early on Friday after falling for three days, led by gains in ICICI Bank and energy conglomerate Reliance Industries.
At 9:16 a.m. (0346 GMT), the benchmark 30-share BSE index was up 1.62 percent at 17,419.85, with 29 of its components in the positive territory.
The 50-share NSE index rose 1.52 percent to 5,299. (Reporting by Rajesh Kurup; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote