Indian shares rise 1.6 pct; ICICI, Reliance up
MUMBAI, March 9
MUMBAI, March 9 (Reuters) - Indian shares rose 1.6 percent early on Friday after falling for three days, led by gains in ICICI Bank and energy conglomerate Reliance Industries.
At 9:16 a.m. (0346 GMT), the benchmark 30-share BSE index was up 1.62 percent at 17,419.85, with 29 of its components in the positive territory.
The 50-share NSE index rose 1.52 percent to 5,299. (Reporting by Rajesh Kurup; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Putin warns of consequences |
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies