Sarkozy says Greek problem solved
NICE, France (Reuters) - French President Nicolas Sarkozy said on Friday that Greece's debt crisis had been solved after Athens won strong acceptance from private creditors for a bond swap deal.
"I would like to say how happy I am that a solution to the Greek crisis, which has weighed on the economic and financial situation in Europe and the world for months, has been found," Sarkozy said in the southern city of Nice.
"Today the problem is solved," he added. "A page in the financial crisis is turning."
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media