Gerber recalls baby formula because of odor
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Gerber Products Co is recalling some of its Good Start Gentle powdered infant formula because of an off-odor, the Florham Park, New Jersey, company said.
Gerber is offering a replacement for the recalled formula, which is in a 23.2 ounce plastic package from batch GXP1684, the company said in a statement on Friday on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration website.
The package's expiration date is March 5, 2013.
The product poses no health or safety risk but might have an off-odor, Gerber said.
"In some cases spit-up and other gastrointestinal complaints have been reported," it said.
(Reporting By Ian Simpson)
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media