Gerber recalls baby formula because of odor
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Gerber Products Co is recalling some of its Good Start Gentle powdered infant formula because of an off-odor, the Florham Park, New Jersey, company said.
Gerber is offering a replacement for the recalled formula, which is in a 23.2 ounce plastic package from batch GXP1684, the company said in a statement on Friday on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration website.
The package's expiration date is March 5, 2013.
The product poses no health or safety risk but might have an off-odor, Gerber said.
"In some cases spit-up and other gastrointestinal complaints have been reported," it said.
(Reporting By Ian Simpson)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official