Gerber recalls baby formula because of odor
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Gerber Products Co is recalling some of its Good Start Gentle powdered infant formula because of an off-odor, the Florham Park, New Jersey, company said.
Gerber is offering a replacement for the recalled formula, which is in a 23.2 ounce plastic package from batch GXP1684, the company said in a statement on Friday on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration website.
The package's expiration date is March 5, 2013.
The product poses no health or safety risk but might have an off-odor, Gerber said.
"In some cases spit-up and other gastrointestinal complaints have been reported," it said.
(Reporting By Ian Simpson)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more