Actor Michael Madsen arrested after alleged fight with son
(Reuters) - Actor Michael Madsen, known for roles in films such as "Thelma & Louise," was arrested for child cruelty after getting into a fight with his teenage son, authorities said on Saturday.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said Madsen, 54, was arrested at his Malibu, California, home on Friday afternoon by deputies investigating a report of a family disturbance.
Madsen "appeared under the influence of alcohol," the sheriff's department said in a statement. He was arrested without incident.
The Chicago-born actor, best known for his roles in films such as "Reservoir Dogs," "Thelma & Louise" and "Kill Bill," was booked and jailed on charges of cruelty to a child.
His bail was set at $100,000.
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls