Twitter acquires Posterous
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Twitter Inc said Monday that it has acquired Posterous, a blogging platform known for its slick digital media-sharing interface.
The microblogging service said in a blog post that the Posterous staff "has built an innovative product that makes sharing across the Web and mobile devices simple — a goal we share."
Founded in 2008, Posterous is one of the better-known companies emerging from the tech incubator Y Combinator.
The value of the deal was not announced.
(Reporting By Gerry Shih; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Divers feel with their hands for corpses in depths of South Korean ferry |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China ahead of visit
- Satellites show North Korea nuclear test unlikely: think tank
- China factory activity shrinks for fourth month |
- Teen who stowed away on Hawaii flight resting in hospital