Twitter acquires Posterous
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Twitter Inc said Monday that it has acquired Posterous, a blogging platform known for its slick digital media-sharing interface.
The microblogging service said in a blog post that the Posterous staff "has built an innovative product that makes sharing across the Web and mobile devices simple — a goal we share."
Founded in 2008, Posterous is one of the better-known companies emerging from the tech incubator Y Combinator.
The value of the deal was not announced.
(Reporting By Gerry Shih; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles