Swiss bus crash kills 28 Belgians, most children
SIERRE, Switzerland, March 14
SIERRE, Switzerland, March 14 (Reuters) - A bus carrying Belgian tourists crashed into the wall of a tunnel in Switzerland, killing 28 people, 22 of them children, police said on Wednesday.
The bus, transporting 52 people from the Flemish-speaking region, crashed on Tuesday night in the canton of Wallis, which borders Italy, as it was heading back to Belgium from a skiing holiday camp, police said.
(Reporting by Denis Balibouse, Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |