Swiss bus crash kills 28 Belgians, most children
SIERRE, Switzerland, March 14
SIERRE, Switzerland, March 14 (Reuters) - A bus carrying Belgian tourists crashed into the wall of a tunnel in Switzerland, killing 28 people, 22 of them children, police said on Wednesday.
The bus, transporting 52 people from the Flemish-speaking region, crashed on Tuesday night in the canton of Wallis, which borders Italy, as it was heading back to Belgium from a skiing holiday camp, police said.
(Reporting by Denis Balibouse, Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter