Roadside bomb kills 8 in Afghanistan's Helmand province
LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan
LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan (Reuters) - A roadside bomb killed at least eight Afghan civilians travelling in a minibus in the southern province of Helmand on Wednesday, a local government official said.
The bomb struck in the Marjah district of Helmand while travelers were on their way to the provincial capital of Lashkar Gah, said Daoud Ahmadi, a spokesman for the governor.
(Reporting by Abdul Malek: Editing by Rob Taylor and Ron Popeski)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more