Roadside bomb kills 8 in Afghanistan's Helmand province
LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan
LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan (Reuters) - A roadside bomb killed at least eight Afghan civilians travelling in a minibus in the southern province of Helmand on Wednesday, a local government official said.
The bomb struck in the Marjah district of Helmand while travelers were on their way to the provincial capital of Lashkar Gah, said Daoud Ahmadi, a spokesman for the governor.
(Reporting by Abdul Malek: Editing by Rob Taylor and Ron Popeski)
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea |
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- UAW union withdraws objection to lost election at VW Tennessee plant