Roadside bomb kills 8 in Afghanistan's Helmand province
LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan
LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan (Reuters) - A roadside bomb killed at least eight Afghan civilians travelling in a minibus in the southern province of Helmand on Wednesday, a local government official said.
The bomb struck in the Marjah district of Helmand while travelers were on their way to the provincial capital of Lashkar Gah, said Daoud Ahmadi, a spokesman for the governor.
(Reporting by Abdul Malek: Editing by Rob Taylor and Ron Popeski)
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Soldiers vie for power after Burkina Faso president quits |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |