LG Display supplying panels for Apple's new iPad: source
SEOUL (Reuters) - Flat screen maker LG Display Co Ltd is supplying touch-screen panels for Apple Inc's new iPad, a source close to the matter said on Wednesday.
Bloomberg reported earlier that Samsung Electronics Co Ltd was the sole supplier for the new iPad, launched last week, after LG and Japan's Sharp Corp failed to meet the U.S. company's quality requirements, quoting an analyst from research firm iSuppli.
"LG is also in a panel supply deal with Samsung for the new iPad," the source said.
The source was not authorized to speak to the media and declined to be identified.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Thousands of Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |