LG Display supplying panels for Apple's new iPad: source
SEOUL (Reuters) - Flat screen maker LG Display Co Ltd is supplying touch-screen panels for Apple Inc's new iPad, a source close to the matter said on Wednesday.
Bloomberg reported earlier that Samsung Electronics Co Ltd was the sole supplier for the new iPad, launched last week, after LG and Japan's Sharp Corp failed to meet the U.S. company's quality requirements, quoting an analyst from research firm iSuppli.
"LG is also in a panel supply deal with Samsung for the new iPad," the source said.
The source was not authorized to speak to the media and declined to be identified.
(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers