Norsk Hydro: Fire in Qatalum seawater cooling tower
On the morning of March 17th at approximately 02:00 a.m, a fire occurred at the seawater cooling tower of Qatalum's Power Plant. Qatalum Emergency fire services, the Civil Defence and mutual aid partners promptly extinguished the fire. No one was injured during the incident.
Aluminium production has not been affected and Qatalum continues to produce at full capacity. The gas turbines are unaffected by the fire, while the steam turbines were shut down by Qatalum as a consequence of the fire in the cooling tower. Mitigating actions are being implemented by Qatalum management.
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Norsk Hydro via Thomson Reuters ONE
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5