Norsk Hydro: Fire in Qatalum seawater cooling tower
On the morning of March 17th at approximately 02:00 a.m, a fire occurred at the seawater cooling tower of Qatalum's Power Plant. Qatalum Emergency fire services, the Civil Defence and mutual aid partners promptly extinguished the fire. No one was injured during the incident.
Aluminium production has not been affected and Qatalum continues to produce at full capacity. The gas turbines are unaffected by the fire, while the steam turbines were shut down by Qatalum as a consequence of the fire in the cooling tower. Mitigating actions are being implemented by Qatalum management.
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Norsk Hydro via Thomson Reuters ONE
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid