Olive Garden improvement lifts Darden profit
March 23 (Reuters) - Darden Restaurants Inc's Olive Garden chain, which generates almost half of company revenue, posted its first rise in quarterly same-restaurant sales in more than a year, lifting the restaurant operator's quarterly profit.
Earnings at the Orlando, Florida-based company that also operates the Red Lobster and LongHorn Steakhouse chains were $164.1 million, or $1.25 per share, from continuing operations, for the third quarter ended Feb. 26, up from $151.2 million, or $1.08 a share, a year earlier.
Sales at Olive Garden restaurants open at least 16 months were up 2 percent during the third quarter.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data