EDF's Belleville 2 shuts for an unplanned outage
PARIS, March 23
PARIS, March 23 (Reuters) - EDF's 1,300-megawatt Belleville 2 nuclear reactor stopped for an unplanned outage on March 21, RTE showed on its website.
An EDF spokeswoman, who confirmed the outage, said it had been triggered by a worker knocking a cable. As a result, a valve connected to a steam generator shut. (Reporting By Axelle du Crest)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- Russian politician beaten after report on soldier burials