World Bank receives 3 nominations for presidency
WASHINGTON, March 23
WASHINGTON, March 23 (Reuters) - The World Bank said on Friday it received three nominations for the bank's presidency, including Dartmouth President Jim Yong Kim, Nigerian Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and former Colombian Finance Minister Jose Antonio Ocampo.
"The board is pleased to announce that the following three nominees will be considered for the position," the World Bank said in a statement.
(Reporting By Lesley Wroughton; Editing by Leslie Adler)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Russia may resume gas supply next week if Ukraine pays $2.2 billion: Gazprom