Third Point to move forward with Yahoo proxy fight
NEW YORK, March 25
NEW YORK, March 25 (Reuters) - Activist hedge fund Third Point LLC is disappointed by Yahoo Inc's refusal to accept its nominees to Yahoo's board and will move forward with a proxy contest against the Internet company, it said on Sunday.
"Third Point offered several significant compromises to strike a deal and avoid a proxy contest," the fund said in a statement.
"Sadly for shareholders ... the consequence of the board's refusal to accept Third Point's shareholder-friendly proposals will be a time-consuming and distracting proxy contest that the company can ill afford," Third Point said.
- Scores rescued from sinking South Korean ferry, two dead: officials
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Casual pot use causes brain abnormalities in the young: study
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |
- Americans increasingly prefer Democrats on healthcare: Reuters/Ipsos poll