Ellucian: New Company Name Announced for Datatel andSunGard Higher Education Combination
Ellucian: New Company Name Announced for Datatel and SunGard Higher Education Combination
The recent combination of two education technology leaders, Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, has a new name: Ellucian™.
“Ellucian is much more than two companies coming together; it embodies our focus on helping education institutions thrive in an increasingly dynamic world,” said John F. Speer, President and CEO, Ellucian. “The Ellucian brand represents innovative solutions developed in collaboration with a global education community. It stands for providing solutions and sound, strategic guidance to help institutions navigate change, achieve greater transparency and drive efficiencies. And it reflects our unique ability and responsibility to work with our client community to discover new ideas and insights that will help move education forward.”
Ellucian helps institutions by:
- Investing in the primary solutions that clients have come to rely on, including Advance, Banner, Colleague, and PowerCAMPUS administrative systems.
- Providing a broader solution portfolio to give clients more choices and capabilities to address their evolving needs.
- Cultivating the collective intelligence of a global client community to benefit all its members, including 2,300 colleges, universities, foundations and state systems in 40 countries.
- Accelerating innovation with an expanded pool of research and development resources and community contributions to deliver the solutions clients need now and in the future, faster and more efficiently.
Speer announced the new Ellucian name to an energetic audience of 6,200 clients at Summit 2012, an annual user conference. The company will celebrate the new Ellucian name again April 1-4 with 2,000 additional clients at the DUG user conference.
“Ellucian evokes the clarity and light that learning brings to life, aspects that we aspire to share in our relationships with institutions of higher, further and vocational education around the world,” said Michelle Reed, Chief Marketing Officer, Ellucian. “We are a passionate team, motivated by the possibilities of technology and education. The Ellucian brand amplifies who we are and what we want to be for our clients.”
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Trademark information: SunGard is a registered trademark of SunGard Data Systems Inc. Ellucian and the Ellucian logo, Datatel and the Datatel logo, Advance, Banner, Colleague and PowerCAMPUS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ellucian, Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other trade names and trademarks used herein are owned by their respective holders.
Laura Kvinge, 801-257-4158
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South