African leaders to confront coup chiefs in Mali
ABIDJAN, March 27
ABIDJAN, March 27 (Reuters) - Five West African heads of state are to visit Mali in the next 48 hours to demand that the leaders of last week's military coup hand back power, the regional ECOWAS bloc said on Tuesday.
The delegation would be made up of the leaders of Ivory Coast, Benin, Burkina Faso, Niger and Liberia, the bloc said in a statement after a regional summit in the Ivorian economic capital Abidjan. (Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |