REFILE-UPDATE 1-Fire extinguished at Imperial's Sarnia refinery
CALGARY, Alberta, March 27 (Reuters) - Imperial Oil Ltd said there was a small fire at its Sarnia, Ontario, refinery on Tuesday but crews extinguished the blaze quickly, preventing injuries and cuts to production.
The fire broke out at the 121,000 barrel a day plant in the early afternoon and was put out about 30 minutes later, Imperial spokesman Jon Harding said.
"There was no interruption to operations," Harding said.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade