REFILE-UPDATE 1-Fire extinguished at Imperial's Sarnia refinery
CALGARY, Alberta, March 27 (Reuters) - Imperial Oil Ltd said there was a small fire at its Sarnia, Ontario, refinery on Tuesday but crews extinguished the blaze quickly, preventing injuries and cuts to production.
The fire broke out at the 121,000 barrel a day plant in the early afternoon and was put out about 30 minutes later, Imperial spokesman Jon Harding said.
"There was no interruption to operations," Harding said.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers