Ferrer back in Spain team for Austria clash
MADRID (Reuters) - Top-ranked Spain have world number five David Ferrer back in the side for their Davis Cup World Group quarter-final at home to Austria next month, captain Alex Corretja announced on Tuesday.
Ferrer, who missed the win over Kazakhstan in the previous round, joins Nicolas Almagro, Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez in the team for the April 6-8 tie in Marina d'Or as Spain chase a fourth title in five years.
World number two Rafa Nadal has said he will not play in the Davis Cup this year as the calendar is too congested due to the Olympic Games.
(Reporting by Iain Rogers, editing by Mark Meadows)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |