Sharp to announce deal with Sony on Sakai plant
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sharp Corp, which is in a partnership with Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry on LCDs, said on Wednesday it will announce an agreement with Sony Corp at 11 a.m. (0200 GMT) on its main Sakai plant in Osaka.
Sharp said on Tuesday it would sell a 46.48 percent stake in the Sakai plant to Hon Hai. Sony owns approximately 7 percent of Sharp Display Products Corp, which runs the Sakai plant.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine