Sharp to announce deal with Sony on Sakai plant
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sharp Corp, which is in a partnership with Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry on LCDs, said on Wednesday it will announce an agreement with Sony Corp at 11 a.m. (0200 GMT) on its main Sakai plant in Osaka.
Sharp said on Tuesday it would sell a 46.48 percent stake in the Sakai plant to Hon Hai. Sony owns approximately 7 percent of Sharp Display Products Corp, which runs the Sakai plant.
(Reporting by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats
During Soviet times, Sochi gained a reputation for tolerance but the city's once vibrant gay scene has been shrinking as Russia prepares to host the 2014 Winter Games. Slideshow