Best Buy posts weak results, to cut stores, jobs
NEW YORK, March 28
NEW YORK, March 28 (Reuters) - Best Buy Co Inc reported weak results for the fourth quarter on Thursday and said it has decided to close 50 big-box stores and to cut 400 jobs in corporate and support areas.
Despite offering bigger discounts, the world's largest consumer electronics chain saw weak demand for gadgets in the holiday selling season.
Net loss was $1.7 billion, or $4.89 a share, for its fourth quarter ended March 3, compared with net income of $651 million, or $1.62 a share, a year earlier. Excluding charges, it earned $2.47 a share.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |