Brigus Gold posts profit on higher price
(Reuters) - Brigus Gold Corp BRD.TO posted a fourth quarter profit as higher average gold price offset lower sales volume.
October-December net income came in at $2.2 million, or 1 cent per basic share, compared with a net loss of $29.1 million, or 25 cents per basic share, a year ago.
Revenue fell 6 percent to $21.1 million.
Brigus Gold's shares, which have shed 44 percent of their value in the last four months, closed at 74 Canadian cents on Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
(Reporting by Ankur Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Bike-riding nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor |
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- U.S. quarantines 'chilling' Ebola fight in West Africa: MSF