Brigus Gold posts profit on higher price
(Reuters) - Brigus Gold Corp BRD.TO posted a fourth quarter profit as higher average gold price offset lower sales volume.
October-December net income came in at $2.2 million, or 1 cent per basic share, compared with a net loss of $29.1 million, or 25 cents per basic share, a year ago.
Revenue fell 6 percent to $21.1 million.
Brigus Gold's shares, which have shed 44 percent of their value in the last four months, closed at 74 Canadian cents on Wednesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
(Reporting by Ankur Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead