SK hynix says submitted bid interest for Japan's Elpida
SEOUL, March 30
SEOUL, March 30 (Reuters) - South Korean chipmaker SK hynix said on Friday it had submitted bid interest for Japan's Elpida Memory Inc in a potential deal that could create a stronger challenger to sector leader Samsung Electronics Co.
"We've submitted our interest today, which is the initial bid deadline, and plan to decide whether to make a formal bid after thorough due diligence," SK hynix said in a statement to the Korean stock exchange.
The move comes just after the firm officially launched as SK hynix this week following a takeover of a majority stake in Hynix by cash-rich SK Telecom Co.
Hynix's chief executive said earlier this month it was not interested in Elpida.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine