SK hynix says submitted bid interest for Japan's Elpida
SEOUL, March 30
SEOUL, March 30 (Reuters) - South Korean chipmaker SK hynix said on Friday it had submitted bid interest for Japan's Elpida Memory Inc in a potential deal that could create a stronger challenger to sector leader Samsung Electronics Co.
"We've submitted our interest today, which is the initial bid deadline, and plan to decide whether to make a formal bid after thorough due diligence," SK hynix said in a statement to the Korean stock exchange.
The move comes just after the firm officially launched as SK hynix this week following a takeover of a majority stake in Hynix by cash-rich SK Telecom Co.
Hynix's chief executive said earlier this month it was not interested in Elpida.
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter