UPDATE 1-Second Wave Petroleum loss widens on higher costs
March 30 (Reuters) - Second Wave Petroleum Inc posted a wider fourth-quarter loss, hurt in part by higher lease operating costs.
For the October-December quarter, the company lost C$8.7 million, or 11 Canadian cents a share, compared with a loss of C$6.9 million, or 8 Canadian cents a share, a year ago.
Petroleum and natural gas sales rose 131 percent to C$15.4 million.
Lease operating costs nearly doubled to C$4.6 million during the quarter, the company said in a statement
Shares of the company closed at C$3.28 on Thursday on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds