Arming Syria opposition a "duty": Saudi foreign minister
DUBAI (Reuters) - Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal renewed calls to arm the Syrian opposition on Saturday, describing it as a "duty".
"The arming of the opposition is a duty, I think, because it cannot defend itself except with weapons," Faisal said during a joint news conference with U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
(Reporting by Isabel Coles; Editing by Ben Harding)
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's "reign of terror" worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow