Groupon settles coupon expiration lawsuits for $8.5 mln
April 2 (Reuters) - Groupon Inc, which runs the world's largest online coupon site, has agreed to an $8.5 million settlement of litigation alleging that the expiration dates on its coupons are illegal.
The settlement resolves 17 lawsuits that were consolidated in a federal court in San Diego, where settlement papers were filed.
It addresses claims that the restrictions imposed on consumers by the Chicago-based company and various retailers it works with violated federal and state consumer protection laws.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers |
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default