Yoo edges Kim in playoff for Mission Hills title
(Reuters) - South Korea's Yoo Sun-young rolled in a 15-foot birdie putt on the first hole of a sudden-death playoff to beat compatriot Kim In-kyung and win the Kraft Nabisco Championship on Sunday.
Yoo, who tied Kim at nine-under-par 279 after 72 holes, birdied the par-five 18th at Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, California, to claim her first major title.
Kim squandered a chance to win the first women's major of the year in regulation when she missed a one-foot par putt at the final hole.
(Reporting by Larry Fine in New York; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ