CORRECTED-Icahn offer gets 55 pct CVR Energy shareholder support
April 3 (Reuters) - Top shareholder Carl Icahn said 55 percent of CVR Energy's shares were tendered into the billionaire investor's $2.26 billion offer.
"I stand ready, willing and able to pay $2.26 billion to purchase all CVR shares that I don't currently own as soon as the board permits me to do so," Icahn said in a letter to the board of the company.
Icahn, who plans to sell CVR, holds a 14.5 percent stake in the company.
Last month, Icahn said he would drop the $30-a-share offer if at least 36 percent of outstanding stock was not tendered. (Reporting by Vaishnavi Bala in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian) ((firstname.lastname@example.org within U.S. +1 646 223 8780 outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5800 Reuters Messaging:email@example.com)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter