- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- UPDATE 2-United Dreamliner diverted due to possible oil filter problem
- U.S. doctor group votes to recognize obesity as a disease
CORRECTED-Icahn offer gets 55 pct CVR Energy shareholder support
April 3 (Reuters) - Top shareholder Carl Icahn said 55 percent of CVR Energy's shares were tendered into the billionaire investor's $2.26 billion offer.
"I stand ready, willing and able to pay $2.26 billion to purchase all CVR shares that I don't currently own as soon as the board permits me to do so," Icahn said in a letter to the board of the company.
Icahn, who plans to sell CVR, holds a 14.5 percent stake in the company.
Last month, Icahn said he would drop the $30-a-share offer if at least 36 percent of outstanding stock was not tendered. (Reporting by Vaishnavi Bala in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian) ((email@example.com within U.S. +1 646 223 8780 outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5800 Reuters Messaging:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this