Toshiba to build new NAND chip plant: media
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp plans to build a new NAND flash memory plant in Japan as early as this summer as demand for mobile devices continues to expand, the Nikkan Kogyo newspaper reported on Wednesday.
The plant is the second part of a fifth NAND factory whose construction timetable had not been clear due to market conditions, the paper said.
It will start operating in 2013, it said, but did not provide details about the size of the investment or annual capacity.
Toshiba officials were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Nobuhiro Kubo; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine