REG - JJB Sports PLC - Statement re SFO investigation
4 April 2012
JJB Sports plc
Statement re: SFO investigation
JJB Sports plc ("JJB" or the "Company") notes the announcement by the Serious Fraud Office ("SFO") that it has brought charges against the Company's former Chief Executive, Chris Ronnie, in connection with an alleged £1 million fraud relating to contracts entered into by JJB in 2008.
The SFO had previously confirmed in October 2010 that an investigation into JJB had been completed but that its investigation into individuals continued. JJB has cooperated fully with the SFO in relation to its investigation.
For further information, please contact:
020 7379 5151
A copy of this announcement can also be viewed on the JJB corporate website, www.jjbcorporate.co.uk. Neither the content of the JJB corporate website nor any website accessible by hyperlinks on the JJB corporate website is incorporated in, or forms part of, this announcement.
About JJB Sports
JJB Sports is one of the UK's leading high street sports retailers. The Group, headquartered in Wigan and listed on AIM, currently trades from over 180 JJB branded retail stores in the UK and Ireland and employs approximately 4,000 people. Further information about the Group can be found on the Group's corporate website, www.jjbcorporate.co.uk
This information is provided by RNS
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |