Toshiba out of race to turn around Elpida: papers
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp is out of the running among companies bidding to support Elpida Memory's turnaround, likely leaving three foreign companies including SK hynix and Micron Technology in the race, media reported on Thursday.
Japan's Asahi and Mainichi newspapers said Toshiba, seen as the preferred partner for the bankrupt memory chipmaker by the government, was no longer bidding. The newspapers did not give a reason, or say where they got their information.
(Reporting by Nobuhiro Kubo; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ