Toshiba out of race to turn around Elpida: papers
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp is out of the running among companies bidding to support Elpida Memory's turnaround, likely leaving three foreign companies including SK hynix and Micron Technology in the race, media reported on Thursday.
Japan's Asahi and Mainichi newspapers said Toshiba, seen as the preferred partner for the bankrupt memory chipmaker by the government, was no longer bidding. The newspapers did not give a reason, or say where they got their information.
(Reporting by Nobuhiro Kubo; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video