Toshiba out of race to turn around Elpida: papers
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp is out of the running among companies bidding to support Elpida Memory's turnaround, likely leaving three foreign companies including SK hynix and Micron Technology in the race, media reported on Thursday.
Japan's Asahi and Mainichi newspapers said Toshiba, seen as the preferred partner for the bankrupt memory chipmaker by the government, was no longer bidding. The newspapers did not give a reason, or say where they got their information.
(Reporting by Nobuhiro Kubo; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official