LVMH CEO says sales growth speeds up in Q1
PARIS, April 5
PARIS, April 5 (Reuters) - French luxury giant LVMH saw sales growth accelerate in the first three months of this year from the last quarter of 2011, Chief Executive Bernard Arnault told its annual shareholder meeting on Thursday.
The CEO reaffirmed his "relative confidence" for the world's biggest luxury goods group in 2012, given continued strong growth in emerging markets and the fact the company exports almost 80 percent of production.
"In the first quarter, growth was above what it was in the last quarter of last year," Arnault said. (Reporting by Pascale Denis and Nina Sovich; Editing by James Regan)
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media