Sony: CEO Hirai to brief on business plan on April 12th
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Sony Corp said on Thursday that it will hold a briefing on April 12th to outline its business plan, attended by CEO Kazuo Hirai who took the helm just four days ago.
The Japanese consumer electronics and entertainment company is under pressure to turn around its business after forecasting a 220 billion yen ($2.7 billion) net loss for the fiscal year ended in March, its fourth consecutive annual loss.
($1 = 82.4600 Japanese yen)
(Reporting by Miki Kayaoka; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
During Soviet times, Sochi gained a reputation for tolerance but the city's once vibrant gay scene has been shrinking as Russia prepares to host the 2014 Winter Games. Slideshow