UPDATE 1-WD-40 2nd-qtr beats, sees strong FY
* Q2 EPS $0.65 vs est. $0.54
* Q2 sales $86 mln vs est. $85.3 mln
* Sees FY12 EPS $2.33-$2.45 vs est. $2.30
* Sees FY12 sales $353 mln-$370 mln vs est $357.4 mln
* Shares up 3 pct in after-mkt trade
April 5 (Reuters) - WD-40 Company posted second-quarter results that beat Wall Street expectations helped by higher sales in its Americas region, as well as lower advertising and promotions, and the consumer products maker forecast a strong 2012.
WD-40, which makes household lubricants and cleaning products, forecast full-year 2012 earnings of $2.33 per share to $2.45 per share on net sales of $353 million to $370 million.
Analysts, on average, were expecting earnings of $2.30 a share on revenue of $357.4 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Second-quarter net income rose to $10.6 million, or 65 cents a share, from $9.1 million, or 53 cents a share, last year.
Net sales rose 9 percent to $86 million, with those in the Americas segment growing 21 percent to $46 million.
Analysts, on average, were expecting earnings of 54 cents a share on revenue of $85.3 million.
Shares of the San Diego-based company were up 3 percent in extended trading. They had closed at $44.78 on Thursday on the Nasdaq.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N