Deutsche says Azzam steps down as MENA chairman
DUBAI (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank (DBKGn.DE) said on Sunday that its Middle East, North Africa (MENA) Chairman Henry Azzam, a veteran in the region, has stepped down from his position at the German lender.
"We confirm that Henry Azzam has stepped down as MENA non- executive chairman of the bank. He remains as an advisor to Deutsche Bank," a spokesman said.
Azzam was named non-executive chairman of the bank in 2010. Prior to that he was chief executive of the bank's Middle East business. Azzam was not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Mirna Sleiman, Editing by Sitaraman Shankar)
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen