Alcoa posts first-quarter profit
NEW YORK, April 10
NEW YORK, April 10 (Reuters) - Aluminum producer Alcoa Inc on Tuesday reported a first-quarter profit after a loss in the fourth quarter of 2011 as a result of improved market conditions.
Income from continuing operations in the first quarter was $94 million, or 9 cents per share, compared with a profit of $309 million, or 27 cents per share in the same quarter last year.
Revenue rose slightly to $6 billion, Pittsburgh-based Alcoa said.
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks