Alcoa posts first-quarter profit
NEW YORK, April 10
NEW YORK, April 10 (Reuters) - Aluminum producer Alcoa Inc on Tuesday reported a first-quarter profit after a loss in the fourth quarter of 2011 as a result of improved market conditions.
Income from continuing operations in the first quarter was $94 million, or 9 cents per share, compared with a profit of $309 million, or 27 cents per share in the same quarter last year.
Revenue rose slightly to $6 billion, Pittsburgh-based Alcoa said.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |