Syria blatantly lying about ceasefire - France
PARIS, April 10
PARIS, April 10 (Reuters) - Syria's latest promises to implement international mediator Kofi Annan's ceasefire plan for Syria are a "blatant and unacceptable lie", France's foreign ministry said on Tuesday.
"The Syrian foreign minister's statements this morning affirming an initial implementation of the Annan plan by the Damascus regime are a fresh expression of this blatant and unacceptable lie," foreign ministry spokesman Bernard Valero told journalists.
"They are indicative of a feeling of impunity against which the international community absolutely has to react to," he added.
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid