Syria blatantly lying about ceasefire - France
PARIS, April 10
PARIS, April 10 (Reuters) - Syria's latest promises to implement international mediator Kofi Annan's ceasefire plan for Syria are a "blatant and unacceptable lie", France's foreign ministry said on Tuesday.
"The Syrian foreign minister's statements this morning affirming an initial implementation of the Annan plan by the Damascus regime are a fresh expression of this blatant and unacceptable lie," foreign ministry spokesman Bernard Valero told journalists.
"They are indicative of a feeling of impunity against which the international community absolutely has to react to," he added.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt