Equity finance an option, but no plans: Sony CFO
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp Chief Financial Officer Masaru Kato told a news briefing on Tuesday that equity finance is an option for the consumer electronics firm, but it has no current plans to raise capital.
The ailing Japanese electronics giant said earlier in the day it will post a record net loss of 520 billion yen ($6.4 billion) for the year that ended in March, more than double its previous forecast.
($1 = 81.3900 Japanese yen)
(Reporting by Tim Kelly; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Zach Galifianakis, Louis C.K. comedy show 'Baskets' picked up by FX
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet