UPDATE 1-Nevsun gold output rises on higher grades
April 11 (Reuters) - Canadian gold miner Nevsun Resources reported higher first-quarter production from its Bisha mine in Eritrea, helped in part by higher grades in portions of its stockpile.
For the quarter, the company produced 82,000 ounces of gold, up from 75,000 ounces of gold a year ago.
The company also sold 83,080 ounces of gold in the quarter, up from 72,500 ounces a year ago.
Nevsun still expects to produce 190,000 to 210,000 ounces of gold this year.
Shares of the company closed at C$3.51 on Tuesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |