AcelRx wins U.S. patents for pain treatment
(Reuters) - AcelRx Pharmaceuticals said the U.S. patent office granted two patents on the specialty pharmaceutical company's methods for managing post-operative pain.
AcelRx said the notice of allowance from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office could provide protection to its NanoTab technology for delivering a pain drug, sufentanil, till at least Feb, 2029.
A Notice of Allowance is issued after the USPTO decides that a patent can be granted after a company has applied for one.
AcelRx's shares closed at $3.40 on Tuesday on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Balaji Sridharan in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |