Marc Anthony files for divorce from Jennifer Lopez
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Latin pop singer Marc Anthony has filed for divorce from singer and actress Jennifer Lopez, ending their seven-year marriage.
Anthony filed the petition under his real name Marco Muniz on Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences. The couple announced in July that they were splitting up.
Anthony also filed for joint legal and physical custody of the couple's 4-year-old twins, Max and Emme.
"American Idol" judge Lopez, 42, and Anthony, 43, married in June 2004, months after Lopez's engagement to actor Ben Affleck ended, and days after Anthony's divorce from former Miss Puerto Rico Dayanara Torres was finalized.
The couple's split has been amicable so far, as Lopez and Anthony continue to work together on new television talent show "Q'Viva! The Chosen." Lopez has also rebounded from the split, and is dating 25-year-old dancer Casper Smart.
(Reporting By Piya Sinha-Roy, Editing by Jill Serjeant)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video