Petrobras discovers new oil field in Santos Basin
SAO PAULO, April 12
SAO PAULO, April 12 (Reuters) - Brazil's state oil company Petrobras said on Thursday it had found a new offshore reservoir of "good quality" oil located outside the first cluster of discoveries in the Santos Basin presalt.
The new well, known informally as Dolomita Sul, is located north of the Lula field, 177 kilometers (110 miles) off the coast of Rio de Janeiro state, Petrobras said in a security filing. Petrobras holds exclusive rights to the block.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal